Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kitchen Update

We started this project in February & am finally here to show the finished kitchen.   Here is the before:


It was time to change the paint color to a cooler color & the tile back splash needed to go. I painted the kitchen in 1 night & used Valspar's Paint/Primer in Notre Dame. 1 coat is all it needed. Love that!  I did a few other minor changes like spray painted all the switch plates again back to silver. Gotta love the spray paint.  Here is the after:


We bought a new microwave & had to move the cabinet above it up & add new crown molding. 


Here is a close up of the marble tile. It is honed carrara marble:


I was inspired by this picture that I found out on the incredible 'Cote de Texas' blog. Lots of gorgeous homes & pics out on that blog, if you've never checked it out before.  I loved the clean look of the bar stool & thought my bar stools could use an update.


We spray painted them using the leftover wall paint:


What projects have you been working on?  I'll have to start thinking about my next project. :)

Happy Thursday!

3 comments: