Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Kitchen Update

I've been wanting to make an update in our kitchen for some time. At first I thought painting the cherry cabinets would brighten things up & give it a fresh look. My husband I've decided instead that we can brighten up the kitchen with new paint on the walls & a new backsplash instead. (A special thanks to Paul for his input. If you haven't checked out his blog before, he has lots of great kitchen design info!).  Here's our before:




The walls are going to be painted with a nice gray:

Valspar Notre Dame - 5006-1B

The back splash is a honed carrara marble from the Tile Shop:
 

I am ready to lose the orangy tones of the tumbled stone & getting a new look.....stay tuned.

Happy Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. LOVE the backsplash tile, jealous! can't wait to see it come along. I too love white kitchens, and painted my cabinets white - but they weren't as nice as yours.
    Trish
    www.mash-upchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhh! Nice! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete