Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Media Consoles

We have a debate going on in our house & that is 'where to put the TV'.  Our TV currently is behind closed doors in the cabinet which I like because you can close it off.  My husband wants a new bigger TV.  We both aren't fans of mounting the TV above the fireplace for various reasons, so the other option is to use a media console.  Here are a few options:

Horchow





Stein World Consoles




via Emily A. Clark

And a great option & my favorite, but a little pricey:
Horchow
Another option would be to check out Craigslist & get out the paint brush.  Here are a few options:

Campaign Dresser


Cincinnati Craigslist $50
Cincinnati Craigslist....$30

So what do you like? Would you paint & recycle an existing piece of furniture or buy new?  I think I'll paint.  If you are in the market for a new stand, click here for some useful info.

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I say buy cheap and paint. That way you can imbue your personality and it isn't cookie cutter design! Besides then you can spend the savings ...on a new pair of shoes,a day at the salon, a new cookbook or save it for a rainy day (which is redundant because it seems as if it is ALWAYS raining in the 513)...Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the $30 Craigslist dresser - it could look so amazing if painted and given some new hardware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that last one on Craigslist looks like a find. I agree with you on over the fireplace...tempting...I'm kind of liking this idea of wireless tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    http://mycozylittlefarmhouse.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete