Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Campaign Desk

Is finished!!   I bought this last week at Goodwill & was able to work on it over the weekend.  Here are the before pics:

Note the hutch in the background. Any ideas as to what to do with that?


Here are some shots during the process:

Heat up the Goodwill stickers to get them off!

Take off all of the hardware including the corner brackets. I used this tool to remove the corner
brackets that are held on with really small nails:
I tried to clean up the nails, pulls & brackets with Brasso....didn't work.  I also used my Easy Off Oven Cleaner solution...didn't work.  So, I spray painted them....worked! 




Here is the chair before:



And, a final before/after shot:




”campaign

”campaign

”campaign


Happy Tuesday!

Linking up to:
Southern Hospitality Thrifty Treasures


-and-





5 comments:

  1. Looks great, Karen! Did you say what you paid for the desk? Good tip about heating up the price stickers to remove them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid $50 for the desk & the hutch. Not a total steal but I am happy with it. Now, try to sell the hutch or refinish it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks great!! You are so handy with repainting things! I'm envious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the campaign style! You did a great job!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...I know that this is an old blog entry but I would be interested in the hutch...I also LOVE the desk if you ever decide to part with it. tonildavis@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete