Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ceiling Fan Complete....almost!

I blogged about re-working my ceiling fan here, and am happy to say it's just about finished. I am going back/forth regarding the drum shade. Let's start with the 'before' pic:


Painting the fan was really easy since I left it hanging to paint the base of the fan and used a sponge brush. I removed the blades & primed them first and then spray painted them white.



Now on to my dilemna with the shade. Do I buy this one shade/light online?:


Do I go with this standard drum shade (temporarily attached)?

Or do I make one??  We did make a drum shade for our dining room.....decisions decisions! If you have an old ceiling fan that needs an update, you should go for it!
Happy Tuesday!
UPDATE:  I've decided to buy the lamp shade light kit online. It should be here within the next few days. Yes!


3 comments:

  1. I have been seriously thinking about painting the fan in my great room. It's an ugly brown with that basket weave in the center. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Came over from the Power of Paint party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is one of the easiest projects I've ever done. You should go for it! I tried for a few days to go without the lights since I'm not really a fan of overhead lights. But, I have to admit we missed the light & then decided on buying the light kit. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete