Thursday, May 5, 2011

Brass to Chrome?

How awesome is this brass to chrome transformation? And, to think he used a secret ingredient to remove the brass & get to the shiny chrome.  Click here to read all about it!



His secret ingredient is:


So, of course when I saw these brass nesting tables out on Craigslist, it got me thinking & off I went to pick them up. The lady said 'These came from my grandmother's house & we don't like them'. Yah!  They are adorable and have a bamboo pattern on them:



Trying to decide if I want to use the Oven Cleaner on them to go chrome. Hmm,
I did just find these brass nesting tables out on 1stDibs which look almost identical to mine:


Or these out on ebay for $495 (what?) that look very similar:


Still trying to decide...stay tuned!
I really think oven cleaner is awesome & have used it before to clean my fiberglass shower floors that were a mess. Click here to read all about that.

Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. Anxious to see what you decide. The tables really do look like those $495 ones! Gotta love Craigslist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking to that project! seriously the most amazing thing i've ever seen! i cant wait to see how your tables come out :)

    ReplyDelete