Thursday, April 14, 2011

Striped Painted Curtains

I was inspired by the many bloggers who have used striped curtains in their home decor.  Such DIYers as High Heeled who painted her stripes:


Or the fun living room curtains over at The Nester:


So, when working on our master bedroom, I decided to use these Ikea panels & paint my stripes using the same latex paint, Valspar Granite Dust, as I used on the walls:






It took 3 coats of paint to get the look I wanted and to use the small mini roller instead of a brush. I also decided I didn't like the tabs so I bought some black curtains clips from Lowe's & used those instead:





I still have 1 more panel to paint along with some other furniture painting/staining in the room that needs to be done.  Happy Thursday!

Linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. I like it! I have never tried to paint fabric. (yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the middle of this project and it is surprisingly SO easy! I figured my stripes would be crooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is easy & I found that using the sponge roller was way faster & more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bedroom. Where did you find the pillow/fabric for the pillow? I love it.

    ReplyDelete