Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Zig Zag paint job!

I was inspired by this post on Knights Move about these beautiful ceramic vases & lamps!



And, decided I was tired of this lovely piece of ceramic faux-painted vase that needed an update:



I primed it & painted it white & started with the blue tape in the chevron pattern:




Then covered it in a layer of black spray paint:



Let dry and remove the blue painter's tape.
Can you say epic fail?!!



Oh well. It now sits on the shelf in the garage
until I decide to pitch paint it again!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting a flub (though your tape job was awesome)! It makes me feel better about some of my (much less ambitious) attempts. So many people have such perfect skills, it makes me wonder if they ever mess up...

    You'll think of something good to do with it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI. I found you through "Boost My Blog" blog hop.
    It's so disappointing when a great idea doesn't turn out so great. I'm a new follower.
    http://enelrad-darlene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete