Monday, September 20, 2010

Stamped Concrete Outdoor patio

We started this project earlier this summer and blogged about it here & here.   Here are some progress pics!!

”stamped concrete
Lay the rebar to reinforce the concrete


”stamped concrete

Here comes the truck. Did you know that guys love concrete?


”stamped concrete



”stamped concrete

Float the concrete


”stamped concrete

Throw the dry color on the poured concrete


”stamped concrete

Set up the scaffolds to walk over the wet concrete


”stamped concrete

Start the stamping


”stamped concrete

At this point, I think they are wondering why the husband is taking so many pics?


”stamped concrete

After drying overnight, we had to hose off the chalky layer.


”stamped concrete

Next, cover it in sealant.  We decided to put the sealant on the brick steps as well.


”stamped concrete

Almost finished.  Check back later this year week for final pics!
If local and interested in the contractor, it was Scott Ranz Construction & we highly recommend them!



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Karen. I know you will love it. I wish I could do that to our patio, but I have to stick to projects that I can do myself (or with just a bit of help from darling hubby)...that one is beyond my abilities, though I do see you out there working -- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't wait to see the finished product! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Picture. I also love it. You did a good job.
    Decks Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to the wide array of options when it comes to concrete pattern, concrete colors, and the cost of stamped, or imprinted concrete in relation to the materials it is a substitute for, the choice of stamped concrete is becoming more popular and frequent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I've added
    you guys to blogroll.

    my web blog decorative concrete ()

    ReplyDelete