Monday, July 26, 2010

White Lacquer Coffee Table

I posted about my inspiration for this project here, and am really happy with how it turned out. This is a space in our finished basement that gets used alot by all the kids. We have had this table (and a matching side table) for awhile:



It is that bleached maple color:





I've always covered the table with this glass to protect it. But lately have just been thinking it has been looking tired:



1st coat. I used the same Behr primer/paint in All-White that I used on painting all the trim upstairs:



I am really happy with the contrast of the white and the different beige shades in the stone fireplace and the newly painted coffee table.













Total Cost: $0

I am linking up to Ashley's Painting Challenge!
and








5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how glossy white paint can update the look of a piece? One of my favorite bloggers, Dayka at Meditations on Life & Style, spray painted a lamp with an owl base a glossy white and it made all the difference. I have a feeling this won't be the last time that you use glossy white to update a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table...where did you get it? It looks great with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. We bought it awhile ago at Furniture Fair here in Cincinnati.

    ReplyDelete
  4. White makes the biggest difference! Love it!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete