Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sofa table and stripes!

I haven't been painting in a few weeks so I was glad to have this little project.  What do you do with an ugly, shiny, oak sofa table that you couldn't get rid of on Craigslist and sat in the corner of your bedroom collecting junk & dust?  You paint it!   Here are the before/afters:



Just might need to move the golf clubs...whoops!


Lightly sand with the palm sander. See the nice 
shiny varnish on top?



First coat of paint
























Total Cost:
white semi-gloss paint: free (leftover from trim project)
gray paint:  free (left over from diningroom)
knob:  $1 from Michaels




8 comments:

  1. Ga Ga Gorgeous! And so thrifty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, did I have to see this? :)

    Now I have another project to do, thanks to your amazing redo. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--amazing!!! You did a great job! And it's so original--astounding!
    HUGS,
    Cindy Adkins
    www.recoveryartist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing transformation. I love the contrast between the paint colors! A stand-out piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute... I always adore a stripe! I'm featuring your table in the POPP Spotlight on Saturday... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great minds think alike! i linked up a gray and whtie striped dresser. love your table!! i hopped over from fresh coat friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, almost the same color combination from my room this week! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful fix! i love the stripes, and the gray color. congrats!

    ReplyDelete