Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dining Room Part 2

Making progress on the dining room from here where we started.  (Did I mention I am so psyched to be doing this project? Yes!)   I painted the gray (Valspar Granite Dust) on the walls & only needed 1 coat (can I get another Yes!).  That Valspar paint & primer is amazing.  We are really happy with this color.





And moving on to the wainscoting.  We measured & priced it out to buy the individual pieces of trim vs buying the pre-made panels at Lowe's & decided to go with the pre-made:


I was on clean-up duty:




Installing the trim. That's the handy husband - he's not real big on getting his pic taken:







Still have some work to do but it has already updated the dining room so much!

 




Stay tuned!

Linking up to the Power of Paint party
&



5 comments:

  1. That is looking amazing. I'm glad you are liking the Valspar paint. :)

    I had no idea there even was pre-made panels. I want to add some to my hallway upstairs. How much were they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to Lowe's & had to buy so many (like 25 of the big ones), I asked & got a discount! The big ones are about $12 ea. Thanks for the tip on the paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous! I love trim and wainscoting and bead board and crown...... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking A-Mazing! I've got plans for the same look in our living room. I noticed those pre-done frame... I'm sure it's much easier that way. LOVE the paint too. Thanks for partying with us at the POPP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This room is looking fabulous! I love the color you painted the walls and the panels are beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished project!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete