Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baked Cream Cheese Appetizer


Another easy appetizer to take to a dinner party and to enjoy with a glass of wine! (anyone see a pattern here?)




1-4oz package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1-8oz pkg of cream cheese
1/2 tsp dill weed
1 egg yolk, beaten

Unroll dough on lightly floured surface;  press together seams to form 12 x 4 inch rectangle.  Sprinkle top of cream cheese block with dill (lightly press dill into cream cheese).  Place cream cheese, dill-side down, in center of dough.  Enclose cream cheese in dough by bringing sides of dough together, pressing edges to seal.  Place on lightly greased cookie sheet; brush top with egg yolk.  Bake at 350(preheated oven) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.  Serve with assorted crackers or apple slices.

Linking up with Tasty Tuesday's!


4 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely beautiful! Love the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks delicious and fancy! I'm gonna bookmark it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I don't think my 4 kids would appreciate it. Guess I need to have company more often. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been making this for years. People never believe it's cream cheese in there! I like it served with Triscuits but I bet apples would be really good.

    ReplyDelete