Monday, April 19, 2010

Powder Room Update!


I am playing along with one of my favorite bloggers, Decorating Obsessed, who is having a 'Just Paint It Challenge Party' today. Although my project isn't 100% complete, I was so excited about her party & wanted to show where I am at so far.

I'm kind of over the red phase like lots of other folks out there lately.  This is the bathroom off the kitchen and next to the laundry room and the one that everyone uses when they come over.   I decided it was time to update this space and wanted to try horizontal stripes look that is all over blog land.  Here is the before shot:


Painting the window trim white:



I primed the room and then painted it again with a coat of  blinding white as well as painted the ceiling:



Then taped off the stripes and went over the edges with a credit card. I think that really helped seal the tape & made sure no paint seeped in.  Removal of the toilet & the door helped out alot.







I used Benjamin Moore Putnam Ivory as my stripe color. This is the same color as in the kitchen but it looks so much different in this smaller space:


Had my eye on the carrara marble vanity top at Lowe's but not in the budget at the moment. Mostly because a new carrara vanity top would then lead to a new white toilet, etc. You get the pic:


New rug on clearance at TJ Maxx:



Spray painted the switch plates:





New wall decor:




Still left to do:
-paint light fixture
-install new faucet
-hang curtains

I'll post a final picture later this week!




3 comments:

  1. I love the stripes in there. I can't wait to see it once it's done. Thanks for doing the challenge with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along really nicely! I love the wall treatment. Thanks for popping over to Recaptured Charm today. In answer to your question regarding the carpet... I believe I bought it at Home Depot, (cant be sure though) it was a while ago.
    Thanks
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ton of standard white switch plates...now you have me thinking...spray them! Sure beats buying the 8 dollar designer finish one.

    ReplyDelete