Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Skyline Chili Dip

If you are ever in Cincinnati, you have to stop by Skyline Chili for some coney's or a 3-way.   Its' a different tasting chili than a Texas-style chili but if you're from Cincinnati, you are a huge fan.  This easy appetizer is usually the first to be gone at parties!

1 package cream cheese, softened
1 can Skyline Chili
1 package shredded cheddar cheese
diced onions (optional)

Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a microwaveable dish.  Pour the chili mixture over the cream cheese. Add in the onions if desired & then top with the cheese. Microwave until bubbly and serve with nacho chips or fritos.   If you want to order Skyline, click here & it will be shipped right to you!!!
I am linking up to Tasty Tuesday's!

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this for my husband who grew up in Cincinnati. We love the Skyline seasoning packets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does the chili have a Mexican flavor? Like cumin or chili powder? Or is it way different?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda,
    Hi, no the chili does not have a mexican flavor. It was originally started in Cincinnati by the Lambrinides family, who were from Greece. The chili has a unique mixture of spices, including cinnamon but the exact contents are not known as it is a guarded family secret. There have been imitators but nothing matches Skyline. NG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Cincinnati Chili! I live in Kansas City now so I haven't had Skyline (except for the can) for over 20 years. We are going to have to plan a Cincinnati vacation just to eat at Skyline (and La Rosa's). I have a recipe for Cincinnati Chili:
    http://cuttingcouponsinkc.blogspot.com/2009/02/cincinnati-chili-recipe.html

    I can't wait to try the dip recipe, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing and I bet it tastes even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my first Skyline Chili experience a couple years ago. It was very interesting, I'll say that! After I got used to it, I really enjoyed my 3 way chili :)

    Your dip looks really good.

    ReplyDelete