Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shuffleboard

When finishing our basement, my husband decided he needed a shuffleboard in the basement. He found the wood from an old bowling alley in Norwood, OH. After sanding the wood with a floor sander, he varnished the wood and then built the metal frame work around it, welding the edges. He finished the top railings with stainless steel and added laminate to the side to look like stone.  This thing is not easy to move & is about 18 feet long. 

It's a fun game to have around when we have parties and it doesn't use any electric so it doesn't break & can't blow a fuse like the slot machine did!  We keep lots of sand on it so the pucks go fast.



Any shuffleboard fans out there? 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I have been waiting (slightly impatiently) for it. :)

    Brent and I are huge shuffleboard fans. I'm excited to send him this link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Not a shuffleboard fan however I do remember my grandfather taking me, when I was very, very young, to the local "social" club (a.k.a. Firehouse). He would have a couple beers and my sister and I would sit on the bar stools and spin and spin and well you get the idea. We would go to the shuffleboard and slide the things back and forth not really understanding what they did. Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories. Jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's so fabulous! Reminds me of when I was a kid.. we used to play with my parents + grandparents.. never following the rules though ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. NG..
    What a wonderful table! Wayne and I have played shuffleboard at D&B's before and really enjoy it! Your husband did a fantastic job at constructing the table!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete