Monday, March 8, 2010

Mirror paint project

I love the size of this mirror but the boring, bland pickled finish needs to go.





I found this pic from one of my favorite blogs, Boulevard Interior Design, and thought I could paint my mirror to have that coppery-bronzy metal finish.






If you haven't checked out that blog, you should. Kristin has some awesome before & after pics as well as great design advice. On some Fridays, she posts 'Free Advice Friday'.

A quick trip to my local Home Depot to pick up just a quart of Ralph Lauren metallics paint in Lush Brown and a small roller brush!




Getting all set up to start painting:


I am happy with the result! As a side note, Home Depot is discontinuing Ralph Lauren paint in the near future according to my sales rep.


I am linking up to Metamorphis Monday!
and
The Power of Paint Party!

UPDATE: For the final outcome of this mirror, click here!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am totally bummed about the discontinuing of RL paint. My store has Martha everywhere. Although, I have to admit, I do like her paint swatch selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NG- I love what you did to the mirror! So you know, Lowes will also mix RL paint in any of their selections of paint!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really pops now. Great Job, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a transformation... it really pops on your wall now!

    ReplyDelete