Monday, March 1, 2010

Craigslist purchase & transformation!

Lot's of people have great luck on Craigslist & this is the most recent thing I bought. I needed some decor on a long wall in our basement & thought this would work. I bought these doors that hung in the kitchen of an old house here in Cincinnati. These doors were part of their kitchen pantry & have nice leaded glass. Here is the pic from the Craigslist ad:







After painting the outside of the door black and letting it dry, I added some cute knobs from Hobby Lobby to dress it up a little.






Add in some black chains from Lowe's & and 2 pictures I already had in the house, here is our new wall.



I've noticed that I have alot of the diamond pattern around my house. That's a homemade shuffleboard below if you were wondering. More on that later.....




We are happy with the end result & love to check out craigslists for good finds!





I am linking up with Metamorphis Monday!
Making it Monday @ Cottage Instincts!
Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking










18 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I love what you did with the little knobs and chain. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are totally fun. The lines in the window really pop with it painted black. I love the dimension it adds to your picture frames. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just never know what you're going to find on Craigslist! They look beautiful, you did good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an eye for seeing something others do not! Great job!

    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously. These are hot. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unique! I like the result on the wall. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are simply wonderful! I'll have to start checking Craigs list more often! They add so much to your wall!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great!!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog - come and check it out!!
    http://madebystephie.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those! And I cannot wait to hear about that shuffleboard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! They totally made the wall! LOVE IT!

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I never would have thought to use them like that, and what a bold statement on the wall - just gorgeous! You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! Love how you thought up that use for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazing. What a find. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful idea that you had. I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I LOVE how they look... it looks great with the chains. Thanks for sharing at the POPP.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! I love old windows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this!!! im obsessed with old windows, they're so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete