Monday, March 22, 2010

Brass Lamp Transformation

Don't you just love it when you find something stashed in the basement & bring it back to life. We received this Westwood brass candlestick lamp as a wedding gift back a loooong time ago.  I was really surprised to find that its' still out there for sale.  Ignore the nice mess in the basement storage room!  I also found a Stiffel lamp at Goodwill that is going to get sprayed so that I have a pair:





A little of the silver spray paint & a new white drum shade from Garden Ridge ($14.99) and all ready to go!  Garden Ridge had the best price & selection I could find here in Cincy.

Here's the before space:


And the after:

                  If you're looking for new lamps, here's a great online resource: Lamps Plus!

I am linking up to Metamorphis Monday!
and
Power of Paint!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love Garden Ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the silver and the shade really updates it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had to comment on your brass lamp redo, and share mine. love it, don't you? such a simple solution and free too!

    http://thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com/2010/03/turquoise-you-say.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have a lamp like this in our past :) The silver paint really perks it up. Have never looked for shades at Garden Ridge. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how quickly it modernizes it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete