Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Modge Podge tables!

Have you ever used modge podge before? This stuff is great and you can find it at Walmart, Meijer or any of the craft stores. It looks alot like Elmer glue going on but dries clear.








I've had these end tables for several years and after covering them with fabric to warm up the space, I decided to change them up a bit. I like the metal base of the table but the glass was just so boring.




After removing the glass tops off from the base (they are heavy) & flipping them over, I layed them down on our kitchen island (sorry I don't have any in progress pics). After buying some nice napkins from Hobby Lobby during the 50% off sale, I decided to use them as part of my table top change. These napkins are 3-ply so it is important to get the 2 layers off & only use the top decorative layer.





After applying a layer of modge podge, I then placed the napkins (one a time) on the glass and applied more modge podge on top. I really am not that crafty of a person & don't really enjoy 'crafts' so to speak. I also thought, hmm, if I mess this up, I can always put new fabric over the table to cover it up like before. That said, this is a somewhat tedious process but I'm happy with the result.









I did the same thing with some paper I bought at Hobby Lobby & applied to some tables I have in our office reception area.









Do you have any boring glass tops that need a change-up?

I am linking up to:

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic
















5 comments:

  1. Nati Girl,
    This is a great idea to reuse something you already have! These turned out great!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a Mod Podge too! Mine is the link below yours on DIY day. I really like the way yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you're happy with the results -- it's fabulous! I really love it. I'm your newest following! I would love for you to visit me and invite you to follow me, if you find anything that interests you. I would also love to feature this project on my Boardwalk Blotter:

    http://bobbypinsdesignotebook.blogspot.com/

    Please let me know if that would be okay -- I would post one picture of your project and then link it all back to you for the tutorial and additional pics!

    You can contact me at:

    bobbypinsboardwalk@yahoo.com

    Thanks, and I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have lift-off!!! I've posted about this table on my blog and you will find it here:

    http://bobbypinsdesignotebook.blogspot.com/2010/04/beautiful-modge-podge-glass-table.html

    Please let me know if you would like anything changed -- I'll be happy to accommodate, and thank you for letting me share your great table!

    ReplyDelete